Coastside Schools Make the Grade
Schools are the lifeblood of a community. A well-functioning school district speaks well of where you live and will affect property values. How often do you hear – “what are the schools like?”. Here are 5 things about Cabrillo Unified School District that I learned today, and may be new information for you too…
1. The District score on the California Academic Performance Index (API) increased eight points to 783, exceeding the State’s growth target and bettering the statewide score of 755.
2. District students bettered statewide scores in BOTH significant demographic subgroups on that same API measure: Caucasian (873 to 828) and Hispanic (673 to 638).
3. Four District schools bettered the State’s API goal target of 800: El Granada Elementary, Farallone View Elementary, Kings Mountain, and Cunha Intermediate.
4. One Third of the Cunha Intermediate student body (240 students) earned Honor Roll Awards this past quarter.
5. Half Moon Bay High students bettered scores earned by peers in San Mateo County and throughout California in all three of the major assessment of the SAT (critical reading, writing, and math).
Read about a lot more successes going on right now with our local schools in the link below…
Fifty Reasons to Give High Marks to Cabrillo Schools This Year